Director of Elections :
D House, Finnegan’s Way, Trim, Co. Meath
Telephone: 01 5240 547
To Book An Interview :
Please call 01 5240 547
Meath-East By-Election Documentary by Marcus Howard
The following is an independent documentary made by Marcus Howard during the canvassing of the Meath East By-election on 27th March 2013.
Many thanks t Marcus for this.
Ireland’s oil and gas resources and how they could be managed for the people’s benefit.
DDI Campaign Song:
Ben Gilroy: Not just a party – A completely different system
First Meath East Roundtable Debate
The First Meath East roundtable debate featuring, Darren O’Rourke, Green Party Sean O’Buchalla, Direct Democracy Ireland’s Ben Gilroy, Fine Gael’s Helen McEntee, Fianna Fail’s Thomas Byrne, Seamus McDonagh of the workers party and Labour’s Eoin Holmes
Constitution Halts Sheriff
What Happened Next?
Ben Gilroy Halts Receivers
What is direct democracy?
Direct democracy is a form of democracy in which the people have the right to:
- Select their own candidates to represent them.
- Call a referendum on any topic if a sufficient number of people deem it necessary, by gathering a set number of signatures.
- Create legislation and put it to a referendum if a sufficient number of people agree with it, by gathering a set number of signatures.
- Recall, remove from office, any representative deemed to have acted in breach of their terms of employment.
Implementing direct democracy in Ireland returns the power to the people to call referendums, instigate legislation, and recall representatives who fail to perform.
- STOP Bondholder Payments: There is no legal liability for Irish people and their children to pay for private banking debts.
- REDUCE Family Home Mortgages: A substantial write down of personal debt to keep people in their homes and stimulate our domestic economy.
- ABOLISH All Taxes on Family Homes: “It is morally wrong, unjust and unfair to tax a persons home” – Enda Kenny, 1994.
- PROTECT Services & Allowances: Review all cuts made to essential services and people’s vital allowances.
- CUT Business Rates: Reduce costs for business to help make them more affordable and competitive thus protecting Irish jobs.
- PREVENT State Asset Stripping: Keep water, oil, gas, forestry, fisheries and mineral assets working for the people.
Speeches from the party launch